Desautel Law has extensive experience working with public, private, and corporate clients on all aspects of public utility and energy law needs. We understand the law and regulations applicable to the energy and utilities industries and assist our clients in their interactions with regulators, public utilities, energy service companies, developers, and other entities. Desautel Law is a trusted partner to our business clients, providing them with solutions to the legal and regulatory challenges that they face with public utility and energy law.
- Representation for state permitting before environmental siting boards, including environmental and land use compliance issues.
- Currently serving as Legal Counsel to the RI Energy Efficiency Resources Management Council.
- Extensive experience in the licensing and permitting of a broad spectrum of generation and transmission facilities, and re-powering of existing generation facilities.
- Representation includes appearances before the Rhode Island Public Utilities Commission and the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission.
- Providing counsel on energy planning advice to clients.
Our attorneys understand and have the experience to help you with complex legal problems involving public utility and energy law. We offer our clients effective and creative solutions for their legal needs and identify legal risks, as well as long-term ramifications and results.