Our firm is looking for a talented paralegal.
Our legal practice is seeking to hire a Paralegal to join our team of legal researchers. You will be supporting our practice by preparing documents like affidavits and legal correspondence, as well as organizing and maintaining files. You will also be asked to file pleadings with court clerks and help prepare for trials by organizing exhibits and assisting with other tasks as required.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be proficient with Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel. You will also need to be able to multitask effectively and essentially thrive in a busy, team-oriented environment.
Paralegal General Responsibilities:
- Preparing affidavits, legal correspondence and other documents for attorneys.
- Organizing and maintaining documents in a paper or electronic filing system.
- Meeting with clients, attorneys, and other professionals to talk about case details.
- Filing pleadings using electronic filing system.
- Helping prepare for trial by organizing exhibits and assisting with other tasks as needed.
- Investigating facts and laws of cases and searching public records and other resources to prepare cases and determine causes of action.
- Directing and coordinating law office activity, including delivery of subpoenas.
- Gathering and analyzing statutes, decisions, and legal articles, codes, documents and other data.
- Keeping law library up-to-date by monitoring legal volumes.
- Certificate of completion from an ABA-approved paralegal certification program of education and training, or an associate degree in paralegal studies.
- Associate degree.
- Proficient with basic computer software including Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, Excel and Dropbox for document management.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must be able to effectively multi-task, manage time sensitive documents and have exceptional organizational skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to function effectively in a busy, team oriented environment.
- Office administration experience.
- Three years litigation experience.
- Interest in environmental law and energy law.
Email your resume to Marisa@desautelesq.com for consideration.