The firm with an astute skill set,
built with decades of credentials.
Desautel Law focuses on state and federal environmental and energy statutory and regulatory compliance, civil litigation, land use litigation, administrative law, municipal law, property law, and municipal and regulatory zoning and permitting.
The Firm has handled litigation matters concerning environmental issues, utilities law, property rights, breach of contract claims, regulatory compliance, due process, constitutional claims.
The attorneys at Desautel Law have experience before:
- All courts in Rhode Island, including District Court, Family Court, Superior Court, Supreme Court, US District Court for RI, US Bankruptcy Court for RI;
- Federal Courts, including the First Circuit Court of Appeals, and the District of Columbia Circuit Court of Appeals;
- United States Environmental Protection Agency;
- United States Department of Homeland Security;
- United Stated States Department of Justice;
- Federal Energy Regulatory Commission;
- Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management;
- Rhode Island Coastal Resources Management Council;
- Rhode Island Public Utilities Commission;
- Rhode Island Energy Facilities Siting Board;
- Rhode Island and Massachusetts municipalities.
AN EXPERT REPUTATION.
Desautel Law provides a comprehensive scope of legal representation in Rhode Island and Massachusetts with respect to environmental law and permitting, energy law and licensing, land use law and zoning/permitting and civil litigation related to these areas of law.
What makes us qualified?
We have extensive experience practicing law in Rhode Island and Massachusetts and years of experience as environmental and regulatory professionals throughout New England. Desautel Law focuses on state and federal environmental and energy statutory and regulatory compliance, civil litigation, negotiation and mediation,administrative law, municipal law, property law, and municipal and regulatory zoning and permitting.
Combined Years of Experience
What Our Clients
Say About Us
“When you are dealing with environmental law issues, it can be daunting and you never really know where the pitfalls may be. From day one, Desautel Law was extremely thorough and provided sound guidance. Every challenge was answered with a solution, and they helped us avoid situations we would not have known about ourselves.”
“Marisa and her team really think outside the box! I presented them with my company’s issue and they thought through every possible scenario so I wouldn’t be caught off guard in any way. It felt good to know I could rely on people who have real experience dealing with government agencies. Being in compliance is extremely important to us, and they were comprehensive in their guidance.”
“Together, Patrick and Marisa provide outstanding client service and litigation services, which makes my job easier. Desautel Law provides among the best quality of service and quality of work that I’ve seen within the industry.”